Gone are the bright sunny days ...gone are those barbeques and picnics ...gone are those summer dresses....its fall time !!
Well the fall season heralds the winters...and brings back your jackets and sweaters out...and so I hate that.I needed some baking to uplift my spirits and what better than a seasonal squash bread with the goodness of whole wheat and flaxseed.
This bread was a surprise winner ,one coz its guilt- free, and second its perfect for this season.
So this halloween try this beautiful recipe and surprise your guests with this guilt free version.
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup squash puree *
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
3/4 cup muscovado sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp maple syrup(or honey)
3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Combine flour,salt,baking powder,baking soda and cinnamon and keep aside
- Mix water and flaxseed and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix sugar,oil,eggs,squash puree and maple syrup until blended.
- Add flour and mix till combined.Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake it for 45-50 minutes.
*For squash puree chop squash into small pieces and oven roast in a lined baking tray for 30-35 minutes at 200C. Allow it to cool and then blend into a smooth puree.
Enjoy this comforting bread with a cuppa !!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!!