Yes I did it !!Finally I tried my hands at making buns and it was worth the effort !!!And I know its just the beginning...it's always exciting to explore something new ...infact after relishing this bun I already had a dozen ideas to try in my mind...yes mind does work so fast sometimes ;)
So all those who are still thinking of trying this don't brood just go ahead and try these buns..they make a great meal ,anytime of the day !!!
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/4 cup Milk
1 tbsp Active dried yeast
1 tbsp Sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp water
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup mixed veg(carrot,beans,cauliflower)
1 onion (chopped)
1 tsp chaat maslaa
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp chopped coriander
Salt to taste
2 2tbsp Milk
1tsp Sesame seeds
- Warm the milk,add sugar to it and mix well. Add the yeast to it and mix well. Keep aside.
- Take flour and make a well,add water,olive oil,salt in it and the yeast completely dissolved in the milk.
- Mix and make a smooth dough and keep in a warm place covered with a cling wrap for an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the stuffing. Microwave the mix vegetables for 5 minutes . Heat a pan with oil,add cumin seeds ,add onion and fry till transparent.Add the cooked vegetables and boiled mashed potatoes.Add chaat masala powder,red chilli powder,turmeric,crushed coriander and salt and give it a quick stir. Remove from fire and add the coriander leaves and chopped ginger,mix well.
- After an hour the dough would have doubled in size. Take it and just give it a gentle knead and make six equal sized balls.
- Take each bun and make a dent in the middle. Keep the rolled stuffing inside and pinch all the end towards centre to cover the stuffing. Repeat for every bun.
- Arrange them in the lined baking tray. Keep the pinched joined side down.Brush them well with milk and top with sesame seeds.
- Let it rest for 40 minutes .
- Preheat the oven for 190°C. .Bake for 17- 20 mins or until the top crust turns golden brown in colour.
Enjoy these YUM YUM buns.We had it for dinner with soup and next day with tea :) :) :)
Sending it to the following blog events :
Bake fest by Vardhini hosted by Kalyani
Summer Spirits by Tomato Blues
Comfort Food by daily-cuppa