Breakfast is the most important meal of the day coz this is what gears you up for the whole day....and it has the highest probability of becoming monotonous coz its early morning and you do not engage yourself in difficult and tiresome cooking rather go for easy and quick options.
80% of the time our breakfast constitutes eggs and bread and cereals of course.
So I always keep looking for different alternatives which can make a healthy breakfast.
While coming back from India I got this book from the airport.."Nita Mehta's Diet recipes"and quite surprisingly I didn't tried any dish from the book..
So finally I tried something which sounded a great breakfast option.
I tried this recipe of mushroom toasts which came out really nice and will definitely constitute our breakfast on a regular basis.
8 Bread slices-toasted
150 gm mushrooms (chopped)
2-3 garlic cloves-crushed
1 onion (chopped)
1 tomato (chopped)
1 green chilli (chopped)
1tbsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
Salt and red chilli to taste
- Heat the oil and stir fry the garlic and onions for one minute
- Add the tomatoes and stir again for a minute.
- Add the green chilli,coriander and chilli powder.Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and salt .Cook for 3-4 minutes.Add ketchup and mix.
- Spread the mixture on top of toasted slices.Serve hot.
Enjoy this low cal snack and give a new twist to your breakfast !!!